Thursday, May 26, 2011

Some Lists

I'm getting on a plane in about 8 hours to leave Israel, and while I'm certainly thrilled about the idea of first going to England and spending 10 days with Roni and then finally getting back to America, family, friends, all of which means I'm that much closer to getting back to Lexington, I'm not sure I'm ready to leave Israel yet. I wont go into detail here, I'll wait to do my reflective, penultimate, sentimental blog post until later. For now, here are some lists.

Note: These things are in NO particular order whatsoever. So don't read into it.

Things I’m going to miss about Israel:

1. Being in the same country as most of my family

2. Marzipan (delicious pastries)

3. Falafel/Schwarma/Schnitzel

4. Incredible Israeli snack food

5. Real hummus (do you see a trend, here?)

6. Hearing Hebrew all the time

7. Having the ability to use awesome phrases like “Kol ha’kavod”, “Yofi”, and “Yalla”, or mix languages like “I want some Meetz” and have people actually understand what I’m saying

8. My awesome friends I made here

9. Kfar dinners

10. The view of the Old City my walk to school every morning

11. The strange-shaped crack in my wall that I swear has been getting bigger for the past several months, keeping my hope alive that soon I will hear the TARDIS landing outside my window

12. The one-of-a-kind Israeli personality and culture that can’t be explained or duplicated and while at times annoying is mostly just incredible because it’s Israel.

Things I will not miss about Israel:

1. The uphill walk to school that makes you sweaty no matter what you’re wearing and what the temperature is

2. Kfar cats

3. 20 shekel Kfar laundry

4. Kfar kitchens with no ovens

5. The embarrassing need to ask for an English menu

6. Bus drivers who yell at me when I did nothing wrong

Things I’m looking forward to in America:

1. Seeing friends and family

2. Disneyland

3. Yogurtland

4. Having the ability to call/text my friends/family whenever I want

5. Getting back to LEXINGTON

6. California summer

7. Mexican Food

8. Freddie (my car/the ability to drive)

9. Planning my next trip to Israel

1 comment:

  1. 1. Me too
    2. I've been ruined by Marzipan, they will never be matched.
    3. Tell me about it!
    4. Yup, me too.
    5. Again. Seriously, its all about the food...
    6. Yes. We should start speaking it as a family!
    7. Yes! Especially great ones like "yalla" and "nu"
    8. They were very lovely.
    9. N/A
    10. The view of the Old City from anywhere really!
    11. You can search for the Doctor in Cardiff
    12. Yes, so true. Both hostile and friendly, welcoming and close knit, accepting and exclusive. Such a strange combination but an AMAZING one!

    I'm about to leave to go get you from the bus stop. WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete