Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm pratically a local

Today I was on the bus coming back from the shouk, laden with many bags of deliciously fresh produce, and a woman turned to me from across the bus and asked me (in Hebrew of course) "What time is it?". I looked at my watch, did not panic, and without skipping a beat, eloquently replied (ALSO IN HEBREW) 10 til 4. I even got the gender of the numbers correct. This is a big day for me, folks.

In other news, I graduated from Ulpan on Thursday and real classes start tomorrow so I'll be back with news from that!

3 comments:

  1. Of course, you've know that forever--but I guess you wouldn't have been able to answer as glibly. I guess you've made it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've come a long way from when Ofek would incessantly ask "ma ha sha'ah" and you wouldn't be able to answer him.....

    ReplyDelete